With Text Confirmation Available
12 Months Warranty
On ALL Items
Direct Fit BM7161B After-Market GPS Radio For BMW 5 Series
Estimated Delivery by Parcel Force (4-6 Working Days)
WinCE 6.0 Operating System With MTK3360 Dual Core CPU
Windows WinCE6.0 is an extremely popular operating system and with our units running with a MTK3360 800MHz CPU and Dual Core ARM9™ & ARM11™ Cortex processors, this head unit offers Analogue Radio, Multi-Media (USB, SD, AUX & iPod) and Bluetooth, all at an affordable price-tag.
High End Performance:
You will probably see a lot of overseas sellers selling this type of unit, so what makes ours better? Our units are built with the very best components. We use a Silicon Labs Si4745 premium radio receiver for quality radio reception, a DSP processor for ultimate sound, a SANYO 860C DVD/CD driver with a SUNPLUS 8202 VGQ decoder and a Samsung 800x480 WVGA Advanced 4-Line Digital Touch Screen. The unit is also made up of quality components from Sony, Hitachi, Panasonic and SiRF.
Steering Wheel Remote Buttons
If your vehicle is equipped with control buttons on the steering wheel, you can use them with the head unit as well. The head unit is fully connected to the vehicle electronics and accepts all steering controls such as volume control, telephone and audio mute. This is yet another feature that contributes to comfort and driving safety in your vehicle.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling
It comes complete with Bluetooth built in providing hands-free telephone communication, with comprehensive compatibility to a variety of mobile phones. Complete with a built-in microphone, you can safely talk and drive at the same time. Plus if you have a compatible phone you can also download your phone-book onto the BT function.
Bluetooth Music Streaming A2DP
Stream music easily from your smart phone to the head unit and listen to you favourite music. Open Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Amazon Music etc on your phone and then open the A2DP App and start streaming. You can play/pause, track forward and track back on the touch screen.
CD/DVD, USB & SD Multi-Media
Playing music by SD card and USB is brilliant on the MTK-Series units, you can access file playlists and more importantly the head unit will display all the song information and album art (if assigned). It will even show lyrics of the song too (if assigned to the file). The MTK-Series units will support SD and USB media drives up to 16GB. You also have a Virtual CD Player (VMCD) function on the head unit where you can copy CD's directly to a media device
RDS Analogue Radio
We use a Silicon Labs Si4745 premium radio receiver for quality radio reception, so our units are much better than some of our competitors. A very simple to use touch screen means you can easily tune in your favourite stations.
We supply our units with a FREE OFFLINE navigation app, PRIMO navigation (NAVTEQ Maps) is currently one of the best navigation software on the market, which is exclusive to Audio Tech Direct. Combined with our head units powerful hardware and processing power, you get a highly accurate and super fast navigation system for your car. For example, calculating a route from Munich to Paris takes just a few seconds. The system is packed with tons of useful and unique navigation features, from partial address input with automatic detection, 3D landmark icons and much more. It also includes hundreds-of-thousands of POIs, to make it easy to find restaurants and any kind of public places near you.
Important Navigation Features
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Address search with postcode input (including 7-digit UK postcodes)
- Search by POI, grid reference, postcode or by city and street name
- Smart routes: the system database stores historic traffic patterns and uses them to choose the best route depending on the time of day and day of week
- High-resolution maps
Made For iPod & iPhone
Compatible with iPod Touch, iPod Nano and the iPhone 4|4S|5|5S|6|6S only. You will need a 1m or 2m Apple cable to plug into the USB port on the rear of the head unit (cables not supplied with the head unit). Then you can play your music straight from your Apple device onto the designated iPod mode. However, please note: As Apple continuously perform iOS updates, it can interrupt this mode. Apple are trying to make their method of playing music only compatible with their own Apple Car Play products, therefore reducing the chances of this always functioning. Please search on our store for Part Number: JES-IP150 for this accessory.
Front Facing DVR Dash Camera
Record everything that happens in front of you. This is your front camera and your piece of mind should you need it. It will fit behind your interior mirror to record the road ahead. Please search on our store for Part Number: JES-CA456 Required.
DVB-T Digital TV Kit
Watch digital TV with the head units bespoke TV kit. Watch in your favourite domestic terrestrial TV channels including stations such as BBC News, BBC1, ITV and Channel 5 with many stations also being available in stunning HD. Please search on our store for Part Number: JES-DV225 for this accessory.
DAB+ Digital Radio
Enjoy DAB Radio with crystal clear clarity and a huge range of stations to listen to. You've got great stations such as Kiss, Smooth and BBC One Extra to name a few. Please search on our store for Part Number: JES-DAB358 for this accessory.
This custom fit head unit is designed to be a direct fit after-market replacement head unit for the original fitted head unit. The unit is supplied with a matching audio plug fitting from what should be standard, for a simple plug and play* installation.
Please read the fitment notes (if any) assigned to this product as we try to advise as many points and possibilities as we can. The fitment guide is given as a guide only. Each vehicle may have a variation so please make sure you've checked everything to be sure the product will be suitable.
- BMW 5 Series E39 (1996 - 2003)
- BMW X5 E53 (2000 - 2007)
- BMW 7 Series E38 (1995 - 2001)
- Range Rover L322 (2002 - 2004 *BMW Build Only*)
PANEL SIZE: Top Width 285mm x Height 120mm x Bottom Width 285mm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The fitment guide is given as a guide only. We strongly recommend you double check the shape and dimensions against your application before purchase as some models on our fitment list do have different shape stereo's fitted from factory.
1. If you have the original BMW or Range Rover Navigation system, you won't have the standard BMW audio plugs going into the BMW head-unit. You will have a 12 pin blue and white plug system. You will have a navigation box in the boot of the car (usually concealed into the rear quarter). You will find the original stereo plug going into the navigation box. In this case, you will need to purchase our extension kit to wire up this unit (part number UGE-EXL005). This extension cable plugs into the standard audio connection in the boot and then runs up the car to be located behind the new replacement stereo. You will also need to extend the aerial fitting (part number UGE-ANT001). Both extension cables are sold separately.
2. If you have the DSP amplifier also, you have three options:
A) Buy our DSP Retention module adaptor - Part No# JES-DSPAMP - This retains the original DSP sound system.
B) Re-wire the speakers directly to the head unit (Please Note: This will only retain a maximum of 8 speakers)
C) Buy a new amplifier and re-wire the speakers to this.
3. If you have the available stereo space but you have a single DIN radio with the heater controls below it then you will need to buy the heater controls relocation kit (unfortunately we do not sell - BMW dealer only). This will move the heater controls down into a lower position and allow the fitment of our unit.
4. If you have the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning system) A/C pipes or the component bulge, then the unit will NOT fit due to the HVAC system behind the dashboard. The factory stereo's chassis tend to be shaped to avoid the pipes and/or bulge. This is an indication if you would suffer from a new head unit fowling onto the pipes and/or bulge.
5. BMW 5 Series, BMW X5 & Range Rover L322 Models with the Business CD factory fitted radio will need the frame behind the stereo to be modified in order to fit a new head unit into the aperture.
Customers also viewed